The Office of IRA coordinates the administration of SFFs. SFF coordinators in the school or college deans' offices verify accuracy of instructor and course information included in the SFF administration, help promote the importance of SFF completion to students and faculty, and distribute SFF information and updates to constituents.
As of fall 2020, the SFFs for all courses* are conducted in the new SFF system. The new system allows for the customization of the form at several levels including the college, the department (subject code), and the instructor. Instructors and school/college administrators can access the SFF Admin Panel to customize their forms and to view available SFF Reports here. The SFF Admin Panel is also accessible in TUportal under TUapps.
To complete feedback, instructors and students can access the website during the live evaluation period (see the SFF Activity Calendar below) at sff.temple.edu. The website links are included in emails sent to instructors and students.
* School of Medicine and School of Podiatry are not included in the university-wide SFF administration.
In order to have a successful SFF Administration each semester, and to ensure the accuracy of course and instructor information, IRA and the School/College Coordinator must work together to confirm the staging information coming in from Banner and to collaborate on communication to constituents across the schools and colleges, including students, faculty, and administration.
- Ensure courses are ready for production for SFFs.
- Work with school or college SFF coordinators to ensure the accuracy of courses.
- Send reminders to instructors, students, and schools or colleges when SFFs are open.
- Continue training in system usage (how to add items to a form, etc).
- Listen to system users (administrators, faculty, and students) to determine necessary updates or system enhancements.
- Send regular updates about the system.
SFF Coordinator Responsibilities
- Review course and instructor information prior to SFF administration and make any needed adjustments in Banner.
- Send regular reminders to faculty to add items to the forms at the instructor level.
- Send regular reminders to faculty, students, and departments when SFFs are open.
- Support IRA with faculty training in system usage (how to add items to a form, etc).
- Send emails to students in courses which fall outside of the standard SFF evaluation periods.
Review Course and Instructor Information
The SFF system is populated with course and instructor information fed directly from Banner. Course and instructor information must be reviewed prior to the SFF administration to ensure accuracy and to make any needed adjustments. It is essential that instructors and students are able to access the appropriate forms and that responses are captured and applied to the appropriate course and instructor. A mistake can cause corrupted data.
Course and instructor information can be easily reviewed through the SFF Admin Panel, a dashboard for IRA staff, SFF coordinators, and school/college administrators to manage SFF administration, data and reporting. Each school/college coordinator can download a Course Staging File from the SFF Admin Panel which includes courses for inclusion in the SFF database for the current semester. After the various Drop/Add periods for the fall, spring and summer terms, each coordinator should download the course/instructor file for review and make any needed adjustments directly in Banner. The Excluded Courses report should also be reviewed for accuracy.
IRA works closely with each school/college to ensure that courses are properly transferred into the SFF database after the initial review process. The coordinator sends a confirmation email to IRA stating that course and instructor data have been verified and are ready to be moved into production. IRA then manages University-wide communication to students and instructors as listed in the Activity Calendar below.
Recommendations for the Use of Student Feedback Form (SFF) Data at Temple University
This document provides a set of guidelines and suggestions for the use of Student Feedback Form (SFF) data by individual faculty, faculty committees, school and college leadership, and university-level administrators at Temple. The document contains a brief history of the SFFs, a discussion of what these data represent, guidelines for their appropriate use, and suggestions for ways to get the most benefit from them. The document was created by the Assessment of Instruction Committee as part of its charge to provide guidance on assessment to the University community.
Video Guide to Add Items to a Course
For questions regarding the review of course and instructor information and the Admin Panel, or to be trained to use the Admin Panel, contact
Leanne Grundel, Manager, SFF Administration